Are you a Qualified Remedial Massage Therapist with a desire to work with pregnant and postnatal clients?
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Part Time Remedial Perinatal Massage Therapist Position
15 hours/week initially with a view to grow to 20-25 hours/week
***This is an EMPLOYED role with guaranteed hours, superannuation, paid holiday & sick leave***
We are growing our team, and we would love to hear from YOU!
Our Mission at Catherine Dore Perinatal & Infant Massage is to support professional women in their journey from pregnancy to motherhood.
We offer a calm, professional, modern and family-friendly massage environment to treat clients on a regular basis. We utilise education and excellent communication and we collaborate with a team of health professionals throughout our clients’ entire health care journey
As a values-based business, one of the highest values we live through our treatments and throughout our interactions with clients is connection and community; always thinking about what else our clients might need to totally rock their pregnancy/parenting journey. We believe, with the appropriate training, that massage is safe and effective throughout all trimesters, and provides a way to treat pain and discomfort in the ever changing pregnant and postnatal body. We also understand that massage can do so much more than that.
The appointee will be an important member of the staff utilising their expert skills to build rapport, care for clients and become an expert in their development of their Massage skills.
We are located in Taringa, Brisbane. A short walk down the street from the new Westside Private Hospital & Taringa Train Station. It would be preferable that you’re based in Brisbane, but will consider applicants that may need to commute from other areas.
In order to be successful in this job, the successful appointee would need:
- Diploma of remedial massage (or myotherapy qualification)
- Current certificate from Australian Government – Covid 19 Infection Control Training
- Assessment skills and familiar with muscles (anatomy) and function.
- Excellent communicator and loves compliance
- Police background check
- Advantageous if you have already completed pregnancy/postnatal training with Burrell Education or Pregnancy Massage Australia
- Willingness to undertake post-grad pregnancy massage training, if don’t have it already.
- Personal attributes: Enthusiastic, caring, respectful, team player, loyal.
- Loves massage and supporting perinatal women
- Loves working independently, as well as contributing to the team environment.
- Excellent customer service and attention to detail. Previous experience in customer service/retail/hospitality may be advantageous.
- Relentless strive to meet and exceed key performance indicators
- Self motivated and have ambition for continual learning and growth.
- The role also includes elements of cleaning, rebooking, client care & follow up, admin/reception tasks, contributions to blog/social media, engagement with referral partners from time to time.
In return the successful candidate can expect Catherine Dore Perinatal & Infant Massage to provide:
- Professional working conditions, and modern equipment in a beautiful clinic environment
- Part-time. starting with 15 hours per week with scope to grow to 20-25 hours per week for the right applicant
- Income: Part Time Hourly Rate including superannuation, holidays and sick pay, in accordance with current Health Professionals & Support Services Award.
- Employment contracts prepared by professional HR consultant to ensure compliance, and employee receives ALL entitlements
- Shifts may include Saturdays, mornings, afternoons/evenings
- 2 weeks paid in-house induction & training, ongoing mentoring & support
- Consistent opportunity for growth and development
Catherine Dore Perinatal & Infant Massage
“We support professional women in their journey from pregnancy to motherhood.”
Through specialised pregnancy and postnatal massage, we nurture and support our clients’ to be as comfortable and functional as possible throughout their pregnancy and parenting journey. In addition to this we show new parents how to connect, communicate and bond with their baby through a nationally accredited, evidence-based infant massage program.
Our belief is that it takes a village to raise a child, and we are but one hut in our client’s pregnancy and parenting patch. We also believe that the road to overall health and wellbeing often requires a multi-faceted approach, and that is why we regularly collaborate with other leading women’s health professionals.
Catherine Dore has specialised in this area of massage since 2011. And during this time has helped hundreds of Brisbane women feel relief from the aches and muscular discomforts associated with pregnancy and becoming a new mum. Catherine is also a passionate supporter of mental health, especially that of women and infants.